Stock Video vs Company-Captured Video, Which is Better?
May 9, 2023
Stock Video vs. Company-Captured Video: Which Is Better?
Video is a powerful tool for businesses of all sizes. It can be used to tell stories, educate customers, and promote products or services. But creating high-quality video can be expensive and time-consuming. Supporting b-roll shots can make or break a video…so which is better? Stock Video or Company-Captured Video?
Stock video is pre-shot footage that can be purchased and used in your own videos. It’s a great way to save time and money on video production. However, there are some drawbacks to using stock video. For one, it can be difficult to find footage that perfectly matches your needs. Additionally, stock video can sometimes look generic and impersonal.
If you’re looking for a more unique and personal video, you may want to consider capturing your own footage. This option will give you more control over the look and feel of your video. However, it will also require more time and effort on your part.
So, which is better: stock video or company-captured video? The answer depends on your specific needs and budget. If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to create high-quality video, stock video is a great option. However, if you need a more unique and personal video, you may want to consider capturing your own footage.
Here is a more detailed comparison of stock video and company-captured video:
- Inexpensive – Stock video is typically much less expensive than hiring a videographer or film crew to shoot original footage. This can save you a significant amount of money, especially if you need a lot of footage.
- Quick and easy to use – Stock video is typically very easy to use. You can usually find the footage you need with a quick search, and you can usually download it and start using it right away. This is a great option if you need to create a video quickly, such as for a marketing campaign or a website launch.
- Wide variety of footage to choose from – There is a wide variety of stock video available, so you can find footage that perfectly matches your needs. Whether you need footage of people, places, or things, you’re sure to find it in a stock video library.
- Can be difficult to find footage that perfectly matches your needs – There are a lot of stock video libraries out there, but not all of them have the footage you need. If you have specific requirements for your video, it may take some time to find the perfect footage.
- Footage can sometimes look generic and impersonal – Stock video is often used by many different people, so it can sometimes look generic and impersonal. If you want your video to stand out, you may want to consider creating your own footage.
- You may not have the rights to use the footage in certain ways – When you purchase stock video, you are typically only granted the right to use it in a certain way. For example, you may not be able to use the footage in a commercial or for broadcast. It is important to read the licensing agreement carefully before you purchase any stock video.
- You have complete control over the look and feel of the video – When you capture your own footage, you have complete control over the look and feel of the video. You can choose the location, the time of day, the camera angles, and the editing style. This gives you the flexibility to create a video that perfectly matches your brand and your message.
- You can use the footage in any way you want – When you purchase stock video, you are typically only granted the right to use it in a certain way. For example, you may not be able to use the footage in a commercial or for broadcast. However, when you capture your own footage, you can use it in any way you want. This gives you the freedom to use the footage in a variety of marketing and promotional materials.
- Footage can be more unique and personal – When you capture your own footage, you can capture the unique personality of your company and your team. This can make your videos more engaging and relatable to your audience.
- Can be expensive – Capturing your own footage can be expensive, especially if you need to hire a professional videographer and use high-quality equipment.
- Time-consuming to produce – Capturing and editing your own footage can be time-consuming, especially if you are not experienced in video production.
- Requires specialized equipment and skills – Capturing high-quality video requires specialized equipment and skills. If you don’t have the time or the skills to shoot your own video, you may need to hire a professional videographer. That’s where we come in!
Ultimately, the best choice for you will depend on your specific needs and budget. If you’re on a tight budget and need a quick and easy way to create high-quality video, stock video is a great option. However, if you have the time and money to invest in creating your own footage, you may be able to produce a more unique and personal video that will better connect with your audience.
Overall, company-captured video is a great option for businesses that want to create high-quality, unique, and personal videos. It gives you the flexibility and control to create videos that perfectly match your brand and your message.
To keep your video in budget, we recommend that you plan your shoot in advance. This is something that we help with on every project. In fact, we require it. By planning appropriately, we make sure we are spending less time editing and more time being creative with what we captured. Creativity during the edit is where the magic happens, so we always want to have a plan when we shoot.
By the way, if you’re not sure what to do or how to do something along the way, ask! You control what happens. Our job is to make it look even better!
How to Prepare Your Office for a Video Shoot
How to Harness Video for Business
What is Corporate Video Production?